The Elementary Teachers of Toronto (ETT) is the Toronto-local of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO). The local—the largest in Canada—acts as the representative body for more than 11,000 elementary teachers (K-8) employed by the Toronto District School Board (TDSB).
ETT is a membership organization that anticipates and responds to the needs of its diverse membership by:
- Protecting and defending collective bargaining rights
- Organizing and engaging members through political action
- Providing support, professional development, and learning opportunities
- Advocating on behalf of public education, our members, and the students in their care
- Providing leadership in areas such as anti-poverty, non-violence, and equity